Sunday, September 26, 2010

Mount Lofty, fire and water

My studies on erosion post-fire are based in the Mount Lofty Ranges to the east of Adelaide. I’ve focussed on the Mount Bold water reservoir following a wildfire in 2007. My other study sites are within conservation parks, national parks and botanic gardens. Enjoy the photos


A great view of Mount Bold Reservoir





Mount Bold Wildfire
Photo Source: South Australian Country Fire Service Promotions Unit - Photographic Section, http://www.fire-brigade.asn.au/gallery/default.asp





 




This photo shows in more way than one why I’m on the PhD journey. The actual topic is about protecting our water quality from ending up like the turbid water in the glass. The other reason was the freedom study gave me to spend time with our three kids whilst keeping a foot in the workforce. The boy in the photo is my youngest. He was born 10 months after the PhD commenced. He happily posed for this photo which was used in a conference presentation

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...