Thursday, April 7, 2011

Normality

What's normal?

Is my life normal?  is my extended family normal?  is my thought process normal?

Most definiately NOT.

I've spent all of today trying to make my data normal. You know what, it just isn't NORMAL. I've tried the log, the square root, the unthinkables such as Arsine (it caused SPSS to go into warning mode) and made Q-Q plots and Lilliefors Significance Corrections only to reassure me that my data and my existence is not normal. So rather than conform to the straight line I'm accepting non-parametric analysis into my stats and chilling out about the lack of normality in my home life.  

The big red circle is almost a straight line but the outliers destroy the significance of the normality. So be it, life is not normal, neither is erosion.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

how true!!! let's have coffee.

no spring chicken said...

So, was that Greek that you were speaking? :)
Blessings, Debbie

and by the way, not a one of us is normal... sigh

Vicki said...

I'm in for the coffee too! Normal is a judgement people apply to others based on their own standards and values...it is not allowed to be used in this household!
Vickixx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...