Friday, April 8, 2011

Easter Hats

I love the way kids happily put on a silly hat with pride. Pride that they made it and everyone is looking. Its the Aussie tradition of wearing a hat decorated for easter and parading around the school yards. My big decision now is whether to be disciplined enough to stay at home and study or whether to sneak out for a peak at the spectical. Most likely I'll do both, study all morning then take a lunch break to watch the parade, then back home again to hit the books. Have a great Easter everyone!




This photo is for On My Mind a weekly opportunity to share an image from home. Check out Down to Earth Blog.

4 comments:

Vanessa Paris said...

They are hilarious!! We had our last Easter Hat Parade yesterday - my youngest child (of 5 kiddies) is in Year 2 and that's where it ends. Hope you have a fabulous Easter too :) Vx

Rose said...

Fabulous photo and a great old tradition!

Becky said...

WHAT FUN!!!!

Vicki said...

Hi Rowena,
I've just read some of your blogs...I'm exhausted...please publish a book on time management! My youngest is 14 so the Easter Hat parades are but a hazy memory, I remember the stress of sitting up past midnight emulating a milliner...
Vickixx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...