Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Graduation

A day to celebrate. It was a chance to prance around the old Adelaide uni sandstone buildings wearing a silly hat and a fancy gown. I was surprised how important the day was. I choked back the tears as I walked down the hall to the stage where the other PhD graduates were to be seated. I saw my hubby, Mum and Dad all proudly sitting in the audience. My kids had been left behind in Wollongong which was part of the reason for choking back the tears. The other reason was I was finally at the end of a long journey that had involved lots and lots of hard work, fun, adventures and juggling. The final outcome - a new name Dr Morris - and new found freedom. So many friends, family and colleagues had traveled the journey with me. For this I am truly thankful.  

    

1 comment:

Linda said...

Congratulations! I have not followed closely enough. I wish I were earning a PhD.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...